I: [Council] 2003 roadmap

Marco Palombi marco.palombi at tipic.com
Thu Jan 23 17:03:02 CST 2003

Thanks Peter,

the reason to stress a bit on the wireless front (although other aspects of
XMPP/Jabber developments are important as well) is the following:

- if you are a wireless player and you discover XMPP/Jabber, you do not find
any solution to your typical problems like data compression and persistent
connections

- this cuts out XMPP/Jabber from the growing Wireless space (especially in
Europe and Asia) where GPRS technologies are being introduced succesfully

Being part of the JSF I feel that we should at least give guidelines for the
use of Jabber in the wireless space.

Marco Palombi
Tipic Inc. - Advanced Instant Messaging Platforms
visit: http://www.tipic.com
e-mail & Jabber: ocrampal at tipic.com
blog: http://www.tipic.com/blog/ocrampal@tipic.com

Jabber Software Foundation