[Council] Helix

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jul 22 09:51:20 CDT 2003

At OSCON, I had a long talk with several folks from the Helix community
(http://www.helixcommunity.org/), which is the open-source project
started by Real Networks. As far as I can tell, Real has open-sourced
pretty much their entire codebase for real-time streaming media. They
are interested in pursuing some kind of integration between Helix and
Jabber -- as Ryan would say, sharing the streaming goodness. ;) We're in
the brainstorming phase right now and I've set up a private mailing list
for exploring technical integration, so I'd appreciate it if several
Council members could join that list, providing the kind of technical
leadership we've come to expect from this Council. :) Poke me on Jabber
if you're interested.

Thanks!