[Council] 77 and 78

Joe Hildebrand JHildebrand at jabber.com
Mon Jun 16 15:00:37 CDT 2003

77:
Security considerations: this method may be used (MAY?)  I think it should
still be possible to use this approach with 1.0, if configured in by both
sides, but it SHOULD NOT be.
Also, there are two paragraphs about plaintext here.  I like the latter one,
except for s/If a client attempts to use the plaintext mechanism/If a client
implements the plaintext mechanism/.

78:
I still don't like this: If the entity is already registered, the IQ result
MUST contain an empty <registered/> element (indicating that the entity is
already registered). It SHOULD NOT contain instructions and empty
registration fields; instead, it SHOULD contain the registration information
currently on file for the entity.

I still think it SHOULD contain empty elements and instructions, so that I
can change my registration information.