[Council] VOTE: JEP-0077 (In-Band Registration)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Jun 18 13:10:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 12:02:04PM -0600, David Waite wrote:

> I'd say that instructions SHOULD be present, and MAY be altered to
> reflect that the user is already registered.

How's this?

******

If the entity is already registered, the IQ result sent in response to
the IQ get MUST contain an empty <registered/> element (indicating that
the entity is already registered), SHOULD contain the registration
information currently on file for the entity (although the <password/>
element MAY be empty), and SHOULD contain an <instructions/> element
(whose CDATA MAY be modified to reflect the fact that the entity is
currently registered).

******