[Council] Resolving the file transfer debate

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Mon Jun 30 11:53:06 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 09:40, Peter Millard wrote:
> [...]

I don't care what we do.  I'm going to try and get someone to motion
last call on 95 and 96 after we make one modification for the stream
id.  After that, I don't care, I'm keeping myself out of it for the bias
reasons mostly.

There is one issue I need to bring up though, and that's JEP-52.  If
Justin resubmits the old 52 to replace the current one I'm going to be
very upset.  The current 52 was created _with_ Justin and he gave his
stamp of approval on the 52 number.  I made sure to ask him about that
many times.  He's even listed as an author.  Plus I think it's dumb
because 95/96 deprecate/retract 52. 95/96 are basically the evolution of
52, and almost used the 52 number.

I don't care though, I'm sick of working on this and getting it slammed
on the ground non stop.

--temas