[Council] deprecating JEP-0016

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Mar 4 17:23:35 CST 2003

We have two options:

1. Change JEP-0016
2. Change XMPP IM

If we go with #2, the ns could be something like 'xmpp:iq:privacy' or
'urn:ietf:rfc:xmpim-num:privacy', which is better since it conforms to
RFC2648 or whatever it is. However, if JEP-0016 is actually deprecated
then why does it matter? A step beyond deprecated would be to remove it
entirely. I don't particularly want to start changing namespace names in
the XMPP drafts, because once we change one, people will want to change
them all and that is just more brain damage than I can handle.