[Council] voting procedures and Council membership

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue May 6 14:16:36 CDT 2003

If there are no objections, I propose that we follow the procedures
outlined below from now on. So:

1. JEPs pass by a simple majority +1, but -1 is a veto (essentially
   this is what we do today).

2. If you don't vote on a JEP after 10 days, your vote defaults to 0
   but we track the fact that you did not vote.

3. If you miss three votes in a row, you may forfeit your Council
   membership (the Council will determine if there are extenuating
   circumstances, and may retain such a member). A 3/4 majority of
   Council members is required to vote +1 on removing another member.

4. The Council shall at its discretion determine whether to fill
   any vacancies on the Council, but as a matter of policy should
   do so if there are more than 3 months remaining in the Council's
   term.

If you find any of this problematic, speak now.

Thanks.

Peter