[Council] new proposal: HTTP Transport Binding

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Nov 5 18:26:38 CST 2003

I've received a new proposal for an HTTP transport binding, intended to
be a standards-track replacement for JEP-0025. My opinion is that this
proposal is worth publishing as a JEP. If you disagree, please voice
your concerns about accepting this document as a JEP (not in-depth
discussions of the protocol, which can occur in the Standards JIG)
within the next 24 hours. If I don't hear an outcry of concern about
accepting this proposal, I will assign it a JEP number and publish it
tomorrow night.

The proposal is temporarily located here:

http://www.jabber.org/~stpeter/editor/httpbinding.html

As an experiment, I have commented out the author information, since
that should not be necessary in order to objectively determine whether
this proposal is worth accepting as a JEP.

Thanks.