[Foundation] Re: [Council] Extension Proposals

Paul Curtis pcurtis at terrapin.com
Mon Oct 27 18:00:10 CST 2003

Ben Schumacher wrote:

> Look... the point is, if this is really intended to be an open
> discussion amongst members, then it should be posted about on the
> members list. I don't read council. I don't, generally, care about the
> goings on of the council mailing list, as I imagine that when they've
> come up with something they're prepared to present to the membership,
> then they'll do that... (and frankly, I don't have time for another
> mailing list)... besides, it mostly seems to consist of discussing
> technical nit-picks that are nothing more than rehashes of what's
> already been discussed on standards-jig. It does, however, bother me
> when people seem to be moving away from formats of communications that
> are open and transparent...

Please explain how this isn't open and transparent. Please explain how the mail admin is
powerless in controlling a list.

I do not care either way what you choose to do. Read mailing lists or don't. Use H20 or
don't. It doesn't make a whit of difference to me. But don't even attempt to paint this as
a way to keep anything from the community.

paul