[Council] proto-JEP: Message Archiving

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Thu Apr 29 20:27:28 CDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 07:06:54AM -0500, Thomas Muldowney wrote:
> I have a problem.  This seems to completely disregard 13 and not work
> with it at all.  I would like to see an attempt at integration with
> that, or actual discussion about why that is completely not possible,
> preferably on the wiki.

Agreed. But, surely thats for discussion on standards-jig, once we've
accepted the JEP?

I'd be interested in clarifying exactly what the point of Council
approval of a JEP before it is published is. It can't actually be for
protocol review - I think of it more as "do we see a need for this".

IMO, it would be good to have a JEP for message archiving. That should
be enough to get this thing published. Anything else is for s-jig and us
to discuss later.

Rob.