[Council] proto-JEP: Message Archiving

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Fri Apr 30 10:51:56 CDT 2004

First, let me say that I think this JEP, conceptually, is quite
interesting and very much desired by the community.

However, I am concerned by the lack of consideration for any existing
specifications.  At the very least, I want to see (in the JEP) why
JEP-0013 (Flexible Offline Message Retrieval) and JEP-0060
(Publish/Subscribe) cannot be used.  Articulating this may help to
improve those JEPs.

I would prefer to see this idea spend some time on the protocol wiki
and/or standards-jig before being approved.

-  LW