[Council] proto-JEP: Message Archiving

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Fri Apr 30 11:09:19 CDT 2004

On Apr 30, 2004, at 11:01 AM, Matthew A. Miller wrote:

> The only ways way I can see for us to know is by monitoring discussion
> about the idea expressed via the proposed JEP on standards-jig, and
> (somewhat) via the JEP motioning process.  If nobody's willing to
> discuss it, maybe it shouldn't be there in the first place.  But if
> the members aren't interested in moving it forward, that's probably
> something different.
>

> -  LW

Again I agree.  The last piece I would like to suggest is that we have
a partial guideline to what receives a number.  So far the simple
suggestion seems to be, at least some backing from the community and it
has been technically thought out.  What this causes is young or single
idea JEPs to be pushed back, and it also causes messy JEPs to be pushed
back.  Both of those are what are generally the dead JEPs right now.
So it seems like that would work well.  Others?

--temas