[Council] proto-JEP: Message Archiving

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Fri Apr 30 12:50:35 CDT 2004

Thomas Muldowney wrote:
> The last piece I would like to suggest is that we have
> a partial guideline to what receives a number.  So far the simple
> suggestion seems to be, at least some backing from the community and it
> has been technically thought out.  What this causes is young or single
> idea JEPs to be pushed back, and it also causes messy JEPs to be pushed
> back.  Both of those are what are generally the dead JEPs right now.
> So it seems like that would work well.  Others?

I also agree w/ the comments previously expressed by temas & LW.. The process of
mandating some "backing" and technical thought seems to be fine requirements for
getting a JEP number. I agree, that these JEP's that come out of (seemingly)
no-where often are suspect and need some time to be fleshed out. I also agree
that this is what the wiki is for.

I'm wondering if these vague requirements are sufficient, or is the community
going to need/want something more quantitative?

pgm.