[Council] FW: Re: CAP over XMPP

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Dec 21 12:09:16 CST 2004

FYI regarding CAP over XMPP (JEP-0127).

I will inform the Council if further coordination or feedback is
required, but at this time all seems good.

/psa

----- Forwarded message from Art Botterell <acb at incident.com> -----

To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
From: Art Botterell <acb at incident.com>
Subject: Re: CAP over XMPP

Peter -

Well, sorry it took me so long to get this to the top of my stack!

I'm working (in background, mostly) on an informational document on
transport profiles for CAP.  What I'd like to do, if it would be
acceptable, would be to designate CAP-over-XMPP as one of those
profiles and (preferably) just include your JEP document as the
appendix detailing that mode.

I'm not sure the OASIS TC could really add a lot of value beyond what
your team has already done, other than just pointing folks toward
it... besides which, we're stretched a bit thin right now.  But if
you know of anyone who implements this JEP, maybe we could include
them in one of the various interoperability demos that happen from
time to time.

Your thoughts?

- Art