[Council] Moving JEPs Forward

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Feb 4 16:00:45 CST 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:14:07AM -0600, Thomas Muldowney wrote:

> Everyone seems to agree on 18.  Do we need to issue a last call for
> nuking a JEP?  Even if we don't, I think it would be a nice gesture to
> have a week or so for comments from everyone else.  Is that the course
> of action we should pursue?

I think the best course is this:

1. Wait for XMPP-IM to be approved. That might happen real soon
now if my sources are good.

2. Motion for a Last Call on JEP-0126. It already says that it
supersedes JEP-0018, but for good measure make that one of the
discussion topics during the Last Call.

3. Concurrent with the Council approving JEP-0126, it rejects
JEP-0018 (it can't be obsoleted since it was never approved).

/psa