[Council] proposed DAVmech JEP

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Feb 23 18:37:44 CST 2004

OK, I cleaned this up a bit. A few points:

1. This is not a stream initiation profile, and I've removed references
to stream initiation. The main point of this JEP is doing a file
transfer while the recipient is offline, so it's not SI.

2. Using WebDAV leads to a secondary use case: the ability to use
existing WebDAV infrastructure for file transfer, for example, in
organizations that require a file to be put onto a WebDAV server and
virus-checked there before being delivered to the recipient(s). It's
possible to do this with JEP-0065 (have the proxy put the file to WebDAV
for checking, or virus-check it on its own), but it seems more
straightforward to have that built in.

http://www.jabber.org/~stpeter/editor/davmech.html

Peter