No subject

Fri Jul 9 09:46:20 CDT 2004

<link href="/style.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet">
<!--StartFragment-->
<h2>JEP Information</h2>

Type: Informational<br>
JIG:  None</p>
<!--EndFragment-->-David Waite<br>
Jeremie wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.LNX.4.10.10205071410310.19276-100000 at lor.jeremie.com">
    <pre wrap="">I would advise it to stay informational (as it has been documented and
understood);
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I'm not sure how the misconception that it was "Informational" was ever
started, the JEP has always been published as Standards Track.  If you
voted on the JEP without reading that at the top, then I'm not sure you
should be able to retract your vote because you missed it.

If it were only informational then there would have been no grounds for
the earlier -1's, or for the work to break the deadlock.  If you feel
strongly about major changes then that energy is probably best put into
another Standards Track JEP (disco) to improve upon 0011.

Jer

  </pre>