[Council] proto-JEP: Security JIG

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Tue Jul 20 13:21:52 CDT 2004

On Jul 19, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Will Kamishlian and I have authored a proposal for a Security JIG,
> whose
> mission shall be to complete a security analysis of the Jabber
> protocols
> (but not specific implementations thereof).
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/inbox/secjig.html
>
> If you have objections to publishing this as a JEP, please voice them
> in
> the next seven days.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Saint-Andre
> Jabber Software Foundation

I'm wary if this needs a full JIG?  Every time we try this approach it
doesn't work well.  Is this going to end up being something that only 3
people are doing again?  Is there really enough devotion to it?  I'd
like to see some more along those lines before we go forward with
another JIG creation.  Just the scope scares me, it's ambitious, but
perhaps overreaching without a solid group to work at it, and for quite
a while.

--temas