[Council] VOTE: JEP-0077 (In-Band Registration)

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Tue Jul 20 15:31:09 CDT 2004

My vote at this time is -1.

*  Section 5 seems to imply that x:data is used instead of the built-in
iq:register fields.  If this is the intent, it needs to be explicitly
stated.  If this is not the intent, then I would like that section to
contain language explicitly stating what takes presence (x:data form or
iq:register fields).

*  Section 6 implies that x:oob is used instead of the iq:register
fields.  I would like this to be explicitly stated.

While it seems the above objections are somewhat contrived (I didn't see
them until reading this JEP for the "100th" time), I think making the
above changes would make it easier for someone not familiar with
Jabber/XMPP to understand better how this protocol is used.

-  LW