[Council] No Longer Quiet On the Western Front

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Mar 10 20:41:59 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:01:47PM -0600, Thomas Muldowney wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2004, at 12:43 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 11:05, Thomas Muldowney wrote:
> >
> >>Next.  I would like us to look at XHTML.  Peter, where does it stand
> >>and what do we need to discuss?
> >
> >I don't think we need to discuss anything. I am waiting for the W3C
> >schema gods to decide how they want to define XHTML modularization in
> >XML schema, so it's out of our hands right now.
> >
> >Peter
>

> Any kind of time table on this?  I hate having something so wanted, and
> actually partially implemented by many, just hanging.

Well, I think that the W3C conversation relates only to the schema
representation of the protocol (i.e., its formalization), not the
protocol itself. I'll take a look at the JEP tonight to see if there is
anything I can do to clarify the protocol (more examples, plus a better
description of the allowable elements, nesting issues, etc.). But the
W3C conversation won't change the protocol, just the formalization.