[Council] JEP acceptance process

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Fri Mar 12 15:20:03 CST 2004

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> The process used by the Jabber Council to accept JEPs for publication is
> not clearly defined. The current best practices seem to be as follows:
[MUNCH]

The process seems correct for what you've layed out so far.

> - the process for communicating with the author is undefined, as is the
>   process for making modifications (revise and resubmit seems good,
>   within reason regarding number of iterations and timeouts)

Not sure I grok what you want to specify here? That we communicate w/ the author
via email, and via the council mailing list?

> - the Council review period is undefined (currently I am assuming that
>   one week is sufficient, but this has not been codified)

+1 on one week.. Seems like if something gives someone a particularly nasty
reaction, 7 days is good enough to at least acknowlegde that we have issues.

> - it would probably be better to place these documents in a more formal
>   location, rather than a personal directory of the current JEP Editor
>   (something like <http://www.jabber.org/jeps/inbox/> seems good)

+1 on that URL.

Do JEP authors have enough contact w/ the council?? Are they comfortable using
the council list to get feedback?

pgm.