[Council] JEP acceptance process

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Mar 12 17:54:40 CST 2004

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 02:20:03PM -0700, Peter Millard wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > The process used by the Jabber Council to accept JEPs for publication is
> > not clearly defined. The current best practices seem to be as follows:
> [MUNCH]
>
> The process seems correct for what you've layed out so far.

Great.

> > - the process for communicating with the author is undefined, as is the
> >   process for making modifications (revise and resubmit seems good,
> >   within reason regarding number of iterations and timeouts)
>
> Not sure I grok what you want to specify here? That we communicate w/ the author
> via email, and via the council mailing list?

Currently, the Council list is read-only except for Council members, so
there is no way for the author to respond to feedback provided on this
list. Perhaps the best approach would be to enable the author to reply
to messages on this list while their proto-JEP is under discussion, then
remove that privilege after the JEP has been accepted for publication.

Another approach would be for the council at jabber.org list administrator
(c'est moi) to filter list submissions and accept posts from authors,
which amounts to the same thing but is more work for me.

Thoughts?