[Council] revised JEP-0084

Ralph Meijer jabberfoundation at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Nov 12 07:30:04 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:08:26PM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I've updated this document further based on feedback from Peter Millard.
>
> http://www.jabber.org/~stpeter/jeps/84new.html

Before I forget, I have these remarks:

- I would change the mime-type attribute into type, like in many other
  specifications based on XML syntax. Examples: XHTML, ATOM.

- Why are specifying URIs instead of URLs? You explicitily mention that
  it has to be used with HTTP, so you don't support all classes of URIs.
  You support URLs, and then only the ones that use the http scheme.

- Shouldn't a consumer also check that the node, that he has found by using
  disco items on a users' JID, is a pubsub node?

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm