[Council] Last Call with External Protocols

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Sun Nov 28 18:10:16 CST 2004

So while pondering, and discussing the SOAP JEP with others it struck
me that we don't really have a clear path for dealing with external
protocols and last calls.  We really need a two step last call process
where we have the XMPP/Jabber side of the last call through our
channels and we need knowledgeable users of the external protocol to
basically last call it as well.  I think we've seen this with XHTML as
well, where we've needed more core XHTML designers to give us some
input before we move forward with something that won't fit into the
external protocol usage.  So I was wondering if we wanted some more
strict definition of how we get that input or is it up to us during
last call and voting phases?

--temas