[Council] VOTE: JEP-0072 (SOAP Over XMPP)

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Mon Nov 29 09:09:14 CST 2004

Overall, the JEP seems to follow both Jabber Tao and SOAP 1.0 faithfully.

However, the way attachments are handled gives me some concern.  I can
completely understand why it was done this way (reusing existing Jabber
protocol is usually a Good Thing), but having the requester start
transfers before the responder has decided it's going to accept the SOAP
request doesn't seem right.  It seems to me something like sipub[1]
(whether or not sipub is actually used) would be a better route, since
it allows the responder to trigger the file transfer from the requester.

-  LW

[1] JEP-0137: Publishing SI Requests
<http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0137.html>