[Council] VOTE: JEP-0072 (SOAP Over XMPP)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Nov 29 15:15:04 CST 2004

Furthermore, I'm reviewing the SOAP specifications in more detail and it
appears that we need to define how JEP-0072 meets the requirements for
SOAP protocol bindings in Section 4 of SOAP Version 1.2 Part 1:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part1-20030624/#transpbindframew

An example (for HTTP) is here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part2/#soapinhttp

At a minimum, this is something we need to complete before we are ready
for an informal W3c review. So I will work to add this (in consultation
with JEP author Fabio Forno) soon.

Given the scope of changes required, I'm changing my vote to -1 and I
think we should discuss remanding this JEP back to Experimental while
we add the necessary information to JEP-0072 and seek an informal W3C
review before it proceeds to Draft (as we did with JEP-0071). I'll add
that to the agenda for this week's meeting.

Peter

Section 4