[Council] back to work

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jan 3 17:42:36 CST 2005

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays. Unfortunately, now it's back to
work. ;-)

Here are some short-term action items left over from 2004:

- JEP-0060 (Publish-Subscribe)
  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0060.html

  I've incorporated all of the comments that pgm, ralphm, and I
  discussed back in November. Please review here:

  http://www.jabber.org/~stpeter/jeps/jep-0060.html
  http://jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/jeps/0060/jep-0060.xml?r1=1.78&r2=1.79

  Does it make sense to discuss these on the standards-jig list?

  Also, ralphm was going to write up a short dissertation on splitting
  up subscriptions and affiliations. I'm behind on list mail, so perhaps
  he already did so. :-)

- JEP-0072 (SOAP Over XMPP)
  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0072.html

  I still need to finish the W3C Considerations. My bad for not
  finishing this -- I will try to do so this week.

- JEP-0084 (User Avatars)
  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0084.html

  Feedback requested from temas regarding the version that pgm and I
  worked on:

  http://www.jabber.org/~stpeter/jeps/84new.html

- JEP-0124 (HTTP Binding)
  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0124.html

  Comments requested, preferably before it goes to a vote (I seem to
  recall that lw had some comments on HTTP auth).

- JEP-0144 (Roster Item Exchange)
  http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0144.html

  IIRC, pgm said this does not address all of the use cases he had in
  mind, so feedback on standards-jig would be good.

We can talk about some longer-term priorities in the next Council
meeting. Speaking of which, how about this Thursday (January 6)?

Thanks!