[Council] VOTE: JEP-0138 (Stream Compression)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue May 17 18:14:27 CDT 2005

Interim version here:

http://www.saint-andre.com/jabber/jeps/jep-0138-0.5.html

Since stream compression MUST be negotiated in both directions, we
probably need to describe how to handle a failure in one direction
(e.g., do you drop the connection in the other direction)?

Also, presumably an implementation or deployment could require that the
same compression method be used in both directions, but it could enforce
that by advertising only the method already in use for the other
direction so I don't think we need any business rule about that in the
JEP.

/psa