[Council] JEP-0130 issue

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Nov 7 15:24:16 CST 2005

It seems that most of those who implemented the Historical JEP-0130 have
implemented version 0.4, not version 1.0. The main difference is that in
0.4 message stanzas used a different root element than IQs (<waitlist/>
vs. <query/>), whereas in 0.5 and forward we harmonized the root
elements to always be <query/>. It appears that this has resulted in
some interoperability issues. So I would like to discuss in the next
Council meeting how we might address this issue. Just FYI.