[Fwd: Re: [Council] meeting log 2006-11-29, PEP]

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Dec 1 12:12:13 CST 2006

Forwarding...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Council] meeting log 2006-11-29, PEP
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 07:51:17 -0700
From: Joe Hildebrand <jhildebrand at jabber.com>
To: XMPP Council discussion list <council at jabber.org>
CC: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
<1164885220.2123.28.camel at se-135> <456F1700.8050909 at jabber.org>

cc'ing stpeter, in case I can't post to the council list...

What about a item type that can be published as a pointer to another
jid/node?

<iq type='set' from='portia at merchantofvenice.lit/pda' id='publish1'>
    <publish node='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'>
      <item id='a1s2d3f4g5h6bjeh936'>
        <item xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'
              jid='pubsub.shakespeare.lit'
              node='blogs/
first_of_several_blogs_each_of_which_has_a_separate_item'/>
      </item>
    </publish>
  </pubsub>
</iq>

servers could know about this, and forward subscriptions based on
registered interest for the original node.  The hard part is keying
the publishes to the external node, so that recipients know why they
got this bit of data published to them.

--
Joe Hildebrand