[Council] Advancing more XEPs to Final

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Fri Dec 1 12:19:45 CST 2006

I was looking at the (very short) list of standards-track XEPS that are
in final status, and thought it's time to perhaps advance a few more.

Two good candidates seemed to be:

XEP-0106 - Escaping

XEP-0050 - AdHoc Commands

Both of these are pretty stable, have been implemented by everyone, and
are in wide use.

Additionally I would like to see a few of the information XEP's moved to
standards track:

Time (although this needs to use the newer date/time format stuff)

Version

Last

Ping

Are all good candidates too for long-term approval.

Thoughts?

Chris Mullins

Coversant / Chief Software Architect

http://www.coversant.com/blogs/cmullins
<http://www.coversant.com/blogs/cmullins?utm_source=Email%2BDistribution
&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Email%2Bfrom%2BChris%2BMullins&utm_campaig
n=Organic>

Cell: +1 916 549 6678

Email:cmullins at coversant.net <mailto:cmullins at coversant.net>

COMMUNICATE. SHARE. PROTECT. (tm)

Find Chris on his SoapBox at cmullins at coversant.net
<mailto:cmullins at coversant.net>

The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.