[Council] meeting minutes, 2006-03-09
stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 9 11:39:24 CST 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Meeting minutes from the Jabber Council meeting held 2006-03-09...
0. Roll call. All Council members in attendance, quorum achieved.
1. JEP-0145: Annotations. Long discussion of private data storage (PDS)
vs. pubsub (specifically the PEP profile thereof) and the historical
status of PDS (and thus of JEPs that depend on PDS, such as JEP-0145).
Result: Peter Saint-Andre to initiate discussion of PDS vs. PEP on the
Standards-JIG list. Result for JEP-0145: Peter to ask on the list about
implementations of Annotations (a "mini-Call-For-Experience" or
"CFE-lite"). Council also agreed to make "CFE-lite" part of the Last
Call process on a provisional basis and to consider making that a
permanent part of the standards process if the experiment works well.
2. JEP-0146: Remote Controlling Clients. Peter Saint-Andre voted -1
pending results of "CFE-lite" to see if there is more than one
implementation (or if other implementations are planned).
3. JEP-0124: HTTP Binding. Long discussion of security characteristics
of request IDs and other security features of the protocol. Ian to add
text to Security Considerations about certificate consistency. Peter to
find appropriate person to perform security review of the protocol after
publication of the next version (with certificate note etc.).
4. Proto-JEP: Best Practices for Use of SASL EXTERNAL. No objections to
publishing as a JEP.
5. Proto-JEP: Metacontacts. Peter Saint-Andre voted -1 pending outcome
of discussion on the Standards-JIG list and conversation with the JEP
6. Proto-JEP: Jingle IAX Transport. No objections to publishing as a JEP.
7. Next meeting scheduled for March 23.
Jabber Software Foundation
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3641 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20060309/3b5e3bad/smime.bin
More information about the Council