[Council] need for Last Call on JEP-0147 (was: [Fwd: GenART review of draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri-03])

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Mar 13 11:39:46 CST 2006

As part of the IETF Last Call process for draft-saintandre-xmpp-iri, the
expert reviewer of that I-D suggested that the registry for XMPP URI
query components be created before the IESG approves of the I-D. Because
the Jabber Registrar cannot create the registry until JEP-0147 is
advanced to a status of Draft, I would like to request a (JSF) Last Call
on this JEP (and I don't particularly want to wait on issuing the Last
Call until the next Jabber Council meeting on March 23, since I'd prefer
not to hold up the IETF process). Therefore, I would appreciate it if
Council members could indicate if they have any objections to issuing a
Last Call for JEP-0147. If not, I would like to issue the Last Call by
the end of today if possible.

Also, given that JSF Last Calls normally are for a period of not less
than 10 days and that a 10-day Last Call would end at the close of
business on March 23 if issued today, we have two options if we want to
expedite advancement of JEP-0147: (1) issue a 9-day Last Call or (2)
move the next Council meeting to something like Monday, March 27. Please
indicate your preference.

Thanks!

Peter

Message from IETF reviewer follows...