[Council] meeting agenda, 2006-11-21

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 11:05:57 CST 2006

Here comes my first ever agenda bash: :-)

1. At this stage perhaps we could more usefully discuss XEP-0163 (PEP)
instead of XEP-0136 (Archiving). I've already got a lot of feedback to
add to XEP-0136. And we won't be able to advance XEP-0136 to Draft until
we've discussed XEP-0189. Before that I think we need to at least
discuss making it possible to publish via PEP several independently
accessible/publishable data items under a single namespace. See:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2006-November/013058.html

2. Peter, could you please add a XEP-0189 last call to the agenda (in
case people don't want to change PEP).

3. Can we also discuss the need for a best practices XEP for chat
threads. AFAICT, from an implementer's point of view, threads are a bit
like a minimal negotiated session. I'm not volunteering to write this
one, since the client I develop is one of those mentioned last time that
behaves sub-optimally! I will update XEP-0155 (and my client) to be
compatible with the new XEP though. :-)

4. XEP-0155 already advanced to Last Call. It's a simple XEP, but I'd be
more comfortable if we had some feedback from the list before advancing
it to Draft. It would be nice to see the first draft of any threads XEP
too. Note: The changes regarding linking 1-2-1 and room histories will
be made to XEP-0136 (not XEP-0155).

Thanks,

- Ian