[Council] meeting agenda, 2006-11-21

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Fri Nov 17 13:35:23 CST 2006

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> I think we need to at least
>> discuss making it possible to publish via PEP several independently
>> accessible/publishable data items under a single namespace. See:
>> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards-jig/2006-November/013058.html
>>

> Done. Are there any other issues / posts related to PEP that need to be
> discussed?

I think we need to allow automatic node creation for any access model
(not just "presence"). As Remko pointed out, this will make it much
easier for clients to take advantage of private data storage with
notifications to all connected resources (using the "whitelist" model
with no entires in the list).

- Ian

 From my post to the list:
One way might be to definine a new 'access_model' attribute for the
<publish/> element? If the node already exists then the pubsub server
would simply ignore the attribute:

<iq from='juliet at capulet.com/balcony' type='set' id='create-bookmarks'>
    <publish node='http://jabber.org/protocol/prefs'
             access_model='whitelist'>
      <item>
        <storage xmlns='storage:bookmarks'>
          <url name='Complete Works of Shakespeare'
               url='http://the-tech.mit.edu/Shakespeare/'/>
        </storage>
      </item>
    </publish>