[Council] meeting minutes, 2006-09-13

Jack Moffitt jack at scribble.org
Tue Sep 19 14:14:52 CDT 2006

> 1. JEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe
>
> Publish version 1.9? Yes.

+1

> 2. JEP-0163: Personal Eventing via Pubsub

+1

> 3. JEP-0059: Result Set Management

+1

> 4. JEP-0175: Best Practices for Use of SASL ANONYMOUS

+1

> 5. JEP-0045: Multi-User Chat
>
> Publish version 1.21? Yes.

+1

> 6. JEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components
>
> Publish version 1.2? Yes.

+1

> 7. JEP-0130: Waiting Lists
>
> Publish version 1.3? Yes.

+1

> 8. JEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication

+1

> 9. - 14. Proto-JEPs
>
> Council consensus that these require more discussion and that it would
> be appropriate for the next council to decide whether to accept these
> proposals as JEPs.

I agree.  However, I would like to note that I would have voted no for
the Chess Game Protocol.  This protocol is really far to primitive to
accept in its current form, and leaves very little room for
flexibility (at least the initial version that I read).  I'm very
interested in games over jabber, but I think that the volity project
is much more on the right track than something like this.  It seems
there is a lot of interest by others in this area as wel., with
volity, my company, and several new proto-JEPs relating to game
sessions, etc.  I suggest that the new council let these topics be
throughly discussed on the standards-jig before such jeps are
accepted.

jack.