[Council] Sixth Council

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Sep 25 12:45:08 CDT 2006

As you may have noticed, the members of the JSF elected the Sixth
Council on September 22, consisting of the following individuals:

* Ralph Meijer
* Chris Mullins
* Ian Paterson
* Peter Saint-Andre
* Kevin Smith

More information here:

http://www.jabber.org/council/

That page will move to http://www.xmpp.org/council/ before long (I'm
working on the protocol branding transition and should have it done next
week).

We need to figure out meeting times. We've been holding meetings at
14:30 UTC but that's not written in the Bylaws so we can change it as
needed. :-) I'm UTC-6 -- I think Chris is UTC-7, Ralph is UTC +2, and
Kevin and Ian are UTC+1 (it all changes in about a month anyway, I suppose).

I'll suggest an initial meeting on October 4, which is when I hope to
have the new xmpp.org website up and running -- that's also the second
anniversary of the publication of RFCs 3920-3923. ;-)