[Council] meeting agenda, 2007-08-22

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Aug 21 17:21:29 CDT 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> http://www.xmpp.org/council/agendas/2007-08-22.html

My take:

1. Next meeting on September 5 works for me.

2. XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe

Approve version 1.10pre7?

I think this is ready now, but I will read it over again tonight.

3. XEP-0163: PEP

Vote needed from Chris only, so I have nothing to say here. :)

4. XEP-0071: XHTML-IM

Approve version 1.3pre1?

Looks good to me.

5. XEP-0100: Gateway Interactions

Approve version 1.1pre2?

Ian had some further comments, which I have not yet incorporated:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2007-August/016441.html

I'd say we should punt until next time.

6. XEP-0138: Stream Compression

Approve version 1.2pre2?

Contradictions between specs is not good. +1 on fixes.

7. XEP-0184: Message Receipts

Issue Last Call?

+1. Die, Message Events, die!

8. Shared editing requirements

XEP needed?

I think it can't hurt to document the requirements in a XEP.

9. storage:* namespaces

Council feedback desired.

It's probably not a great idea to break old implementations over a
namespace hygiene issue. But other than that I'm +1 on fixing up these
specs to use either iq:private or PEP for storage.

10. Final XEPs

I'd really like to advance more specs to Final. This will require
advancing dependencies first. Some dependencies are informational (e.g.,
XEP-0068 and XEP-0124). I suggest moving these to Standards Track first.
But let's discuss.

11. Interop network

Let's start using this more. I like the idea of online "test fests".
Maybe one test fest a month?

12. Council elections

Please apply again if you have the time and energy. :)

/psa