[Council] alternate agenda page

Ralph Meijer jabberfoundation at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Aug 22 11:42:14 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 09:50 -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Go here if you can't access xmpp.org (DNS fixed but changes still
> propagating):
>
> http://www.jabber.org/temp/2007-08-22.html
>
> All links from there go to pages on jabber.org, not xmpp.org

Something has come up so I can't attend. Here is my list of comments and
votes though:

>  0. Roll call.
>
> 1a. Schedule next meeting (September 5?).

I am currently unable to plan ahead for more than a day, but I will try to attend
as usual.

> 1b. XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe
>
>     Approve version 1.10pre7?
>
>     Changelog: In accordance with XMPP Council consensus, moved the
>     auto-create, auto-subscribe, filtered-notifications, and last-published
>     features from XEP-0163 to this specification and defined them more
>     precisely; added publish-options functionality; clarified optional
>     auto-subscribe to open access nodes via presence receipt.
>

>     Votes needed from all Council members.

+1 on all the changes

>  2. XEP-0163: PEP
> [..]
>
>  3. XEP-0071: XHTML-IM
>
>     Approve version 1.3pre1?
>
>     Changelog: Reorganized and further clarified security considerations
>     regarding malicious objects, phishing, and presence leaks.
>
>     Votes needed from all Council members.

+1

>  4. XEP-0100: Gateway Interactions
>
>     Approve version 1.1pre2?
>
>     Changelog: Clarified that username used for registration is legacy user
>     address; added optional support for specifying roster group name for
>     contact list items sent via roster item exchange.
>
>     Votes needed from all Council members.

+1

>  5. XEP-0138: Stream Compression
>
>     Approve version 1.2pre2?
>
>     Changelog: Clarified when compression shall be considered to start; per
>     XEP-0170, specified that compression should be negotiated after SASL.
>
>     Votes needed from all Council members. (See post.)

Slight oversight indeed.

+1

>  6. XEP-0184: Message Receipts
>
>     Issue Last Call?

+1

>  7. Shared editing requirements
>
>     XEP needed?

I think it would be good to have a document holding the requirements for
shared editing in general. The Python people seem to use their PEP system
for that, too, and I think it is a nice process.

+1

>  8. storage:* namespaces
>
>     Council feedback desired.

I don't know what this gains us, except for some perceived beautification of
namespace names. They are not required to be a URI/URN. Breaking existing
deployments (especially LLuna for example) doesn't seem a good thing to me.

I we are going to change stuff beyond that, I'd be more inclined to make it
consistent with our current naming policy.

>  9. Final XEPs
>
>     Feedback is welcome on priorities.

I'd like to move extended presence stuff forward, but I don't think we can do
that before XEP-0060 itself. I think 6 months may be a bit short on moving
PEP and friends further. I want good field experience, and for XEP-0060 itself,
especially in the more rare use cases (subscription ids and configs, stuff
like that).

> 10. Interop network
>
>     Shall we plan "test fests" for certain functionality areas? (E.g., XEPs
>     that we want to advance to Final.) Perhaps one week of testing each
>     month?

Good idea.

> 11. Council elections
>
>     Current Council members are encouraged to stand for election.

As stated last time, I will run again.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm