[Council] meeting minutes, 2007-11-21

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Dec 11 17:36:46 CST 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Ian Paterson wrote:
>> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>> 5. XEP-0155: Stanza Session Negotiation
>>>
>>> Approve version 1.2pre1?
>>>
>>> Dave, Ralph, Peter, and Kevin +1. Ian to vote on the list.
>>>
>> Before publishing, can we add a new singlesession field that allows
>> either resource to specify that only one session at a time will be
>> allowed between the resources. (If the other resource tries to negotiate
>> a second session then the resource should automatically close the first
>> session.) The motivation is that most existing clients can't cope with
>> multiple sessions, and that issue is holding up implementation of
>> ESessions (which is based on XEP-0155) - see previous council meeting.
>
> Yes I agree that this would be good. I'll work this in soon.

I added a "multisession" parameter, defined as "Whether to allow
multiple simultaneous sessions between the full JIDs of the parties".

In XSD, boolean variables default to false, so multisession would not be
enabled unless explicitly chosen. This is why I made it "multisession"
instead of "singlesession" (since I think in general the desired
behavior is to not have multiple sessions).

> In general I think it might be helpful to provide more detailed
> descriptions of all the data fields. Perhaps a dedicated section on this?

See here:

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0155-1.2.html#parameters