[Council] meeting agenda, 2007-02-14

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 11:54:41 CST 2007

Hi,

In the interests of making XEP-0124 into an IETF standard, I've split it
into two documents. XEP-0124 is now a generic XML streaming protocol
(renamed to "BOSH"), while the proto-XEP  (nominally called XEP-0206 -
XMPP over BOSH) includes a couple of XMPP-specific extensions and a
clarification of the best practices. You can see them here:

http://www.clientside.co.uk/xeps/xep-0124/xep-0124.xml

http://www.clientside.co.uk/xeps/xep-0206/xep-0206.xml

These documents are complete rewrites, but almost all the changes were
for clarity (XEP-0124 wasn't a nice document). The few changes are 100%
backward compatible, with the possible exception of the xmpp:restart
attribute which enables SASL auth (which was not correctly supported
properly under the previous version of the protocol).

- Ian