[Council] meeting agenda, 2007-02-14

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 22:58:20 CST 2007

Hi,

Those XEPs are final now. You can look at them using IE here (if you
have a Windows machine):

http://www.clientside.co.uk/xeps/xep-0124/xep-0124.xml

Multiple clarifications and restructuring without changes to protocol
itself; changed title to BOSH; added section that fully explores the
technique underlying the protocol; separated XMPP-specific features into
new XEP-0206; added optional new Script Syntax and session pauses; added
from and ver attributes; added hold attribute to session creation
response; clarified polling too-frequently error; recommended clients
use HTTP Pipelining.

http://www.clientside.co.uk/xeps/xep-0206/xep-0206.xml

Initial version (extracted from XEP-0124 version 0.15); depricated
non-SASL authentication and authid attribute; multiple clarifications
and restructuring without changes to protocol itself; added optional
version and restart attributes

Peter, XEP-0124 is already in the CVS and XEP-0206 can be downloaded
from the URL above.

I'm going to start work on BOAH now. It's similar to BOSH but based on
the Comet technique.

- Ian