[Council] XMPP Summit Agenda
stpeter at jabber.org
Sun Feb 25 18:51:04 CST 2007
Based on discussions we've had at FOSDEM, here is a rough agenda for
tomorrow's "XMPP Summit" in Brussels:
- More of a "summit" than a devcon
- Proposed agenda
- Agenda bashing
- Existing 2007 roadmap
- Finish Jingle (Q1)
- Hold devcon (Q1 + Q3)
- Launch online interop network (Q1)
- Push RFCs to Draft (Q3?)
- Complete spim and DoS specs (Q3)
- Stabilize e2e encryption specs / implementations (Q3/Q4)
- Achieve widespread implementation of PEP (Q4)
- Stabilize approach to collaborative editing / whiteboarding (Q4)
- Is the roadmap right? Other potential items include:
- Develop and deploy software certification program
- BOSH / BOAH / ROX standardization (at IETF?)
- MUC mirroring (supplant IRC)
- Communities / shared groups
- Clean up file transfer
- Conferences / summits
- Discuss roadmap items (10-30 minutes each)
- Council meeting
- Publish updated XEP-0124 and spinoff XEP-0206?
- Publish file repository proposal as a XEP?
- Publish Jingle RTMP proposal as a XEP?
- Publish Jingle Bytestreams proposal as a XEP?
- Publish Jingle HTTP File Transfer proposal as a XEP?
- Issue Last Call on link-local messaging?
- Next meeting on March 15?
- Process improvement
- Review roadmap / priorities quarterly?
- Hold XMPP Summit twice a year?
- How to improve "summit"?
- Hold larger devcon? Continue to co-locate with FOSDEM and OSCON?
XMPP Standards Foundation
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20070226/32e43a5a/smime.bin
More information about the Council