[Council] meeting agenda, 2007-06-25

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jul 2 22:41:03 CDT 2007

Chris Mullins wrote:
> I just re-read both the PEP & PubSub XEPs from beginning to end. I think
> both are great, and will bring more, rich features to XMPP land. I've
> indicated support for these at every turn, and look forward to wide
> implementation.
>
> I am concerned that PEP is immature to include as a Recommended Server
> feature, given that we don't yet have any implementations out there,

Well, it's still unclear what RECOMMENDED really means. We're not going
to actively test against that, I think, or hold people to implementing
it. It's really just an FYI that we're probably going to make it
REQUIRED in the following year, in line with the roadmap:

http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/roadmap.shtml

> but
> the Chicken/Egg argument is a compelling one, and I would like to see
> this rolled out sooner, rather than later.

I think we're all in agreement there.

> I'm sure this will be revisited again next year, but for now, I retract
> my -1 vote. Let's get it implemented and rolled out and see what kind of
> chickens hatch from our bio-engineered eggs.

Heh.

> +1

Super.

Ralph and Ian, what do you say?