[Council] meeting agenda, 2007-06-25

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jun 25 14:27:05 CDT 2007

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Kevin Smith wrote:
>> On 21 Jun 2007, at 20:32, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>> Does 19:00 UTC work on Monday for everyone (other than Chris)?
>> It does for me, short of anything unforseen.
>
> OK, meeting in 3 hours then. :)

Only Kevin and I showed up, therefore we lacked a quorum.

> http://www.xmpp.org/council/agendas/2007-06-25.html

Here is my take on the items...

1. Next meeting.

July 11 works for me.

2. XEP-0211: XMPP Basic Client 2008

Advance version 0.5 to Draft?

+1

3. XEP-0212: XMPP Basic Server 2008

Advance version 0.5 to Draft?

+1

4. XEP-0213: XMPP Intermediate IM Client 2008

Advance version 0.4 to Draft?

+1

5. XEP-0216: XMPP Intermediate IM Server 2008

Advance version 0.2 to Draft?

+1

6. XEP-0080: User Geolocation

Approve version 1.4pre3?

+1

7. XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe

Approve version 1.10pre1?

I found a few typos while reviewing the diffs, but those are fixed in
SVN. I'm +1.

I still have a nagging uneasiness about defining all features in
XEP-0060 since will result in more frequent modifications to XEP-0060
(e.g., when we define personal publishing and private storage), but I
suppose that can't be helped.

8. XEP-0163: PEP

Approve version 1.1pre4?

+1

9. XEP-0084: User Avatar

Issue Last Call?

+1

10. XEP-0205: Best Practices to Discourage Denial of Service Attacks

Issue Last Call?

Kevin and I discussed this a bit in the Council room. It may be a bit
half-baked still and not quite ready for Last Call.

Proto-XEP: Server Dialback

Accept as a XEP?

I think this needs more discussion, but I see no major problems with
moving dialback from rfc3920bis to a XEP.

/psa