[Council] XEP-0078 expiration

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Mar 29 09:41:48 CDT 2007

Ralph Meijer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 15:09 -0700, Chris Mullins wrote:
>> I vote we let it expire.
>>
>> We're adding in features now that require us to disable it anyway. It's
>> lack of ability to do server side resource generation, and a few other
>> things make it less than ideal.
>
> +1
>
> As far as I can see, all server code bases that I know of, except
> djabberd, do SASL. I think pretty much all current clients do SASL

Letting it expire would mean making it Obsolete, which does seem
appropriate to me now. I agree with Ian that it's nice to have for (1)
bootstrapping purposes and (2) legacy clients, but (1) can be addressed
in the implementation guide that we never have time to write and (2) can
be addressed in server admin guides for particular codebases.

XMPP Standards Foundation