[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-01-30

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 09:18:08 CST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 9:52 PM, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2008 9:28 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> > > 3. XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities

Typo: "sessions. and"

Is "broadcasted" or "broadcast" correct?

"<p>It is RECOMMENDED for an application that processes entity
capabilities information to cache associations between the
verification string and discovered identity+features within the scope
of one presence session. This obviates the need for extensive service
discovery requests within a session.</p>
presence sessions. However, since this obviates the need for extensive
service discovery requests at the beginning of a session, such caching
is strongly encouraged, especially in bandwidth-constrained
environments.</p>"

I thought that the not caching between sessions was a concession to
authors whose clients couldn't do that due to constrained
environments. If that's true, I don't see any reason for that not to
be RECOMMENDED too.

"Until and unless capabilities information has not been received from
another entity, an application MUST assume that the other entity does
not support capabilities."

I think that might be backwards.

Other than those, I think it's good to go (and the first two are only nitpicks).

/K