[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-01-30

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Feb 4 12:25:24 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 03:18:08PM +0000, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Typo: "sessions. and"

Fixed.

> Is "broadcasted" or "broadcast" correct?

You know , it seems to be "broadcast". Damn irregular verbs. I
understand why the *old* verbs are that way, but IMHO it's not a good
idea for us to keep minting new ones... <grumble/>

> "<p>It is RECOMMENDED for an application that processes entity
> capabilities information to cache associations between the
> verification string and discovered identity+features within the scope
> of one presence session. This obviates the need for extensive service
> discovery requests within a session.</p>
> presence sessions. However, since this obviates the need for extensive
> service discovery requests at the beginning of a session, such caching
> is strongly encouraged, especially in bandwidth-constrained
> environments.</p>"
>
> I thought that the not caching between sessions was a concession to
> authors whose clients couldn't do that due to constrained
> environments. If that's true, I don't see any reason for that not to
> be RECOMMENDED too.

That's agreeable to me.

> "Until and unless capabilities information has not been received from
> another entity, an application MUST assume that the other entity does
> not support capabilities."
>
> I think that might be backwards.

Heh, there's a stray "not" in there.

> Other than those, I think it's good to go (and the first two are only nitpicks).

Super.

Fixed checked in:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0115.xml?r1=1613&r2=1651

I've marked you as +1 here: