[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-01-09

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jan 9 14:47:58 CST 2008

Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2008-01-09...

Agenda:

http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2008-01-09.html

Log:

http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2008-01-09.html

0. Roll call

Present: Dave Cridland, Ralph Meijer, Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith.

Absent: Ian Paterson (with notice).

Quorum achieved.

1. Agenda bashing

None.

2. Next meeting.

To be scheduled on the Council list. January 16 a possibility.

3. - 9. Jingle specs.

Consensus that we will seek feedback for several more weeks before
voting on advancement.

Discussion about particular specs...

3. XEP-0166: Jingle

Dave Cridland and Robert McQueen noted that content-modify is
underspecified for transport-method changes. Peter to clarify.

8. XEP-0181: Jingle DTMF

Ralph questioned whether there is demand for this yet or whether we can
advance it after the other specs. Robert McQueen noted that his team has
implemented this in code. No strong consensus on timing of a vote, but
also no objections to a delay.

9. XEP-0208: Bootstrapping Implementation of Jingle

Ralph questioned whether anyone has used this while working on their
implementations and if so whether it was useful. Peter noted that he has
received no feedback either way, but that it probably has not been used,
in which case we should advance it later (if at all).

10. XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat

Approve version 1.23pre6?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Ian to vote on the list.

11. XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities

Approve version 1.5pre12?

Long discussion about three issues:

(1) Whether the preferred hashing algorithm should be MD5 or SHA-1 (or?)

(2) Whether the v= attribute should be required

(3) Whether we should define a new namespace

Peter to initiate a separate thread about XEP-0115 on the standards list.

12. XEP-0155: Stanza Session Negotiation

Approve version 1.2pre2?

All Council members in attendance voted +1. Ian to vote on the list.

13. XEP-0174: Link-Local Messsaging

Approve version 1.1pre1?

Further review is desired. The Council will consider this at its next
meeting.

14. ProtoXEP: Data Element

Accept version 0.0.3 as a XEP?

Dave mentioned that we may not be able to use the cid: URL scheme but
instead may need to define a new scheme (or use some other scheme). He
will post to the standards list about it.

15. ProtoXEP: Use of Domain-Based Service Names in XMPP SASL Negotiation

Accept version 0.0.2 as a XEP?

The Council will consider this at its next meeting.

16. ProtoXEP: Service Discovery Notification

Accept version 0.0.1 as a XEP?

The Council will consider this at its next meeting.

17. Preparation for XMPP Summit at FOSDEM

All Council members plan to attend.

18. Any Other Business?

None.

/psa