[Council] meeting minutes, 2008-01-30

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jan 30 14:21:58 CST 2008

Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2008-01-30...

Agenda:

http://www.jabber.org/council/meetings/agendas/2008-01-30.html

Log:

http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2008-01-30.html

0. Roll call

Present: Dave Cridland, Ian Paterson, Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith.

Absent: Ralph Meijer.

Quorum achieved.

1. Agenda bashing

None.

2. Next meeting.

IRL at XMPP DevCon in Brussels, February 25. Ian will be unable to
attend. Peter to investigate an audio hookup.

3. XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities

Approve version 1.5pre18?

Dave and Peter +1.

Ian, Ralph, and Kev to post to the list soon. Peter shall pester them
relentlessly until they vote. :)

4. XEP-0174: Link-Local Messsaging

Approve version 1.1pre3?

Dave and Peter +1.

Agreement that this version is an improvement over 1.0. However, Peter
to seek final input from implementors before a binding vote at the next
meeting.

5. XEP-0080: User Geolocation

Approve version 1.5pre1?

Dave, Ian, Peter, and Kevin +1.

Peter to change element name from velocity to speed.

6. XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication

Approve version 2.4pre1?

Dave, Ian, Peter, and Kevin +1.

7. XEP-0118: User Tune

Approve version 1.2pre1?

Dave, Ian, Peter, and Kevin +1.

Dave raised the question of compatibility with the related SIMPLE I-D.
Peter pointed out that the SIMPLE I-D pretty much tracks the XMPP work,
but also addresses topics we cover in XEP-0196, XEP-0197, etc. Peter to
review the SIMPLE I-D and report back.

8. ProtoXEP: Data Element

Consensus to publish as a XEP.

9. ProtoXEP: Use of Domain-Based Service Names in XMPP SASL Negotiation

Consensus to publish as a XEP.

10. ProtoXEP: Service Discovery Notifications

Consensus to publish as a XEP.

11. ProtoXEP: Software Information

Consensus to publish as a XEP.

12. ProtoXEP: User Bleg

Consensus to keep discussing on the list, but not to publish yet.

13. ProtoXEP: XMPP Protocol Flows for Inter-Domain Federation

Consensus to issue a "standing order" for the Editor to publish this
once a complete first draft is ready.

14. ProtoXEP: Jingle File Transfer

Consensus to keep discussing on the list, but not to publish yet.

15. Any objections to using urn:xmpp:tmp:* for namespaces in
Experimental XEPs?

None.

16. Any other business?

None.